– Five minutes.
– No way! – Yeah.
– I’m seeing some frantic motion over here.
– Now I’m starting to see– – Uh oh.
– Uh, uh oh. When you go against this clock, the clock is nobody’s friend. What’s poppin’, everybody? I’m your host, Conceited, and
this is MTV “Sneaker Wars”. We’re the only with two shoe customizers go head to head and kick to kick, not only for bragging
rights, but also for a chance to take home the “Sneaker Wars” trophy. Each sneakerhead must
take one classic kick, one fire theme, and one secret element to remix them into a never
before seen creation. Somebody has to lose
and somebody has to win. And now, you know it ain’t no fun if the homies can’t have
none, so I brought along some special judges with me. With me today, I have Nike
and NBA Correspondent, Brittney Elena.
– Ooh wee, yeah. – And the next person
needs no introduction, he’s been blazing the
trail with all the colabs, the co-founder of Round
Two, Sean Witherspoon. – What up, how you doing? – Chillin’ man, now are y’all
ready to see some kicks? ‘Cause we gotta meet these guys. – Yo, bring it on, let’s go.
– I’m excited. – Alright, so to my left
I have Vick Almighty. – What’s going on everybody? I’m Vick Almighty, I’m
from Phoenix, Arizona, and I work at Reshoevn8r
making YouTube videos. People try to buy my shoes all the time, but unfortunately, I’m too
attached to my art work, so, not for sale. – And going against
Vick today, we got Nick, aka The Heyyman. – My name is Nick, also
known as The Heyyman. I am a custom sneaker maker. That entails taking shoes
apart, choosing my own materials or materials that people have requested, and billing a shoe out of that. – Are y’all ready to see which shoes we’re gonna be customizing today? Bring ’em out. – Let’s go! – The Nike Air Jordan 1, known as the one that started it all. This footwear was released in 1985 by basketball legend, Michael Jordan, and has been iconic ever since. Here on “Sneaker Wars”, every episode, we’re gonna have a theme. And today, what better
theme to have than MTV? – When I think MTV, the first
thing that comes to mind, the moon man lands on the moon, put the flag down, and you have all these vibrant colors
flashing away, straight ’80s. – But there is a must-use
element you must implement in your design, and
today’s element are skins. Now that’s anything from furs, to scales, to reptiles, to whatever you can think of. Let’s get some time up on the clock and let’s get it poppin’. – I’m honestly super nervous
about the time restraint. Back at home when I do customs, I have all the time in the world. In this situation, not the case. – It takes a long time
to build these shoes from the ground up, but
I think I’ll be able to achieve it in the time allowed. – These are actually my
favorite pair of shoes. – When you look at that
shoe, I think you see a lot of elevation. It’s an approachable sneaker. Whoa, there’s a hole– – Oh wow!
– Directly on the bottom of his sole. 100% I don’t know what’s gonna go on, but something’s happening. I mean, they have so
many materials up here, it’s like there’s paint, there’s markers, there’s it looks like zippers. – There’s a heat gun.
– A heat gun. What up, Vick? – What’s going on, Sean?
– Not much, yo. What’s gonna be your
inspiration over here? I know the theme is MTV. – So as soon as you guys said MTV, I started thinking bright colors. – Yeah.
– MTV debuted in ’81 I believe, ’80s were vibrant colors. – So much color.
– So that’s kind of what I’m going for. The first thing I’m working
on is a zebra print. That’s gonna go on the
insoles and the ankle area. One of the old school
logos has zebra print, and it just captivated my eye. After I was done with the fur, I started laying down the colorblocking, silver, purple, and pink. These scream MTV colors. – Hey Heyyman!
– How you doing? – Man, you got some stuff
cooking up over here. – I got something special. Some of my favorite memories of MTV are the early 2000s,
“Jackass”, “TRL”, “Wildboyz”, so I decided to base
this shoe on “Wildboyz”. I’m editing the pattern
of the Air Jordan 1 mid to be a high top, just because that’s my favorite silhouette. From there, we’re gonna
trace out the patterns onto the leathers, the hairs, cut ’em out, and then begin sewing them together. – Brittney, 1s are your favorite, right? – Yes.
– So are you ballin’ in 1s, or are you just rocking ’em to be fly? – Hm.
– Rocking ’em to be fly. I’ve actually, one time I got
challenged to play in them, and they weren’t that
comfortable to play in to me. Definitely just for style. – We got 30 minutes left, fellas, 30 minutes. – I’m looking over to my right
and Nick is just killing it. He has all these sewing machines, he’s just totally reconstructing the shoe. That’s something I don’t do, so it’s just making me super nervous. – I’m looking over at Vick’s
work, it’s looking really good, so yeah, I’m sweating a little bit. – Five minutes. – [Sean] No way! The pressure, the pressure. – He turned the Nike sign into a banana. – Yo, I love that, Andy Warhol vibes. – Look at those colors on Vick’s, that is, that’s MTV vibes!
– Very MTV, it really is. – I like that, that iridescent. – Thanks man, appreciate it. – This is war, Heyyman! – Oh my.
– This is war. – This is gonna be so hard. – These both honestly look
like they came off a shelf in Foot Locker.
– Crazy. – On a Saturday with a special release. – Yeah.
– I’m seeing some frantic motion over here.
– Now I’m starting to see all of their, there we go.
– I’m seeing some frantic movement, it got actually real. They’re like, “Oh, shine here,
shine there, squeaky clean.” – When you go against this clock, the clock is nobody’s friend. – 10, nine, eight, seven, six, five, four, three, two, one. – Sneakers down! – Drop the shoe! – That is all she wrote. – And give me. – Alright, times up. Heyyman, what you got? – Alright, the theme was MTV. This is the “Wildboyz” Air Jordan 1, alright?
– Wow. – There’s elements throughout the shoe that pay homage to some of the
episodes that they were in. We got some crocodile here on the toe which is representative of an episode where Steve-O was chased by an alligator while he had some chicken in his thong. The back tab is a sliver of leopard print, represents Steve-O’s iconic
thong that he would wear throughout all the episodes. The tongue is zebra print,
which represents an episode where Steve-O and Chris
dressed up in a zebra costume and went out around a bunch of wild lions. The banana on the side
is inspired by an episode where the guys dressed up as bananas and went out into the jungle
around some wild gorillas. – Vick, what we got over there? – Alright guys, so the
inspiration behind my shoe was the August 1, 1981
video, the astronaut going out into space, landing on the moon. It has the hot pink sock liner, the purple iridescent
colors, the zebra print, the LED lights represent music, and of course… – There’s a speaker on
that shoe somewhere? It’s not bad having some music. – Alright.
– You guys were both aliens to think of these amazing creations.
– You guys are straight machines! – Put your kicks up, and
y’all get kicked out. – Guys! – Are y’all as stressed as I am right now? – This is only episode one! – He made this a high. – [Brittney] That’s insane. – I want Vick’s shoe.
– He hit the nail on the head when it came to “Wildboyz”.
– Give me Vick’s shoe, Sean. – I don’t even wanna give this up. – Just imagine walking– – This is the perfect shoe.
– And you’re playing your music as you’re walking,
so every step is like (blows). – This is a perfect shoe. – When you see these shoes,
which one screams MTV? – Without someone telling
you the description? Alright.
– Without even, just rate, it is what it is. You’ve got to make a decision, and I think you came up with it. Let’s bring ’em in! Welcome back fellas, welcome back. Now I deliberated with my team. Brittney, what do you
gotta say about Nick? – You’ve used every hidden element. I think my favorite part’s
the thong, you know? I’m at a loss for words, I
have nothing negative to say. – “Wildboyz”, what a great MTV show to take so much inspiration
from their different episodes. I mean, you redid the whole
inside with the yellow leather, you made it into a high! – I would find every way
to try to wear this shoe. I would wanna wear it every day. – On to Vick, up next, Brittney. – So first and foremost,
the pink sold me, too. And I love how when I looked in the shoe, you’ve actually changed the
inside of the shoe, as well. You honestly hit the nail on
the head when it came to MTV. When you look at this shoe,
you think this is MTV. – Crazy, I mean the
colors scream MTV to me, the tongue tag is perfectly done. – With that being said, the
winner of the “Sneaker Wars” for the Jordan 1 is Vick Almighty. – Nick.
– Thanks for having me. – **** yeah, I won, super excited! I was so nervous for that whole time. It’s just so surreal. – I’m proud of Vick, well done. And I’ll get him next time. – Congratulations Vick, but
we praise both of y’all. You guys are amazing.
– Yo, like what? – Amazing.
– Oh my god. – You guys.
– This has been an episode of MTV “Sneaker Wars”, until next time where we gonna come kick it with you. Peace!