Would you build a waterpark
in your backyard? Let’s talk about that. ♪ (theme music) ♪ – Good Mythical Morning!
– Your backyard is your kingdom. – Yes.
– And you are the king or queen… …of your backyard. And you can do
whatever you want in your backyard. You make your own rules. Unless you,
like, kill somebody. You can’t do that. – Don’t do it.
– I mean, you can’t break laws. – No.
– But some people have taken that… …freedom to do whatever they want to in
their backyard to extreme limits, and we’re gonna show you what they’ve
done today. It’s time for… (Rhett singing) ♪ (It’s My Backyard
and I’ll Build What I Want To) ♪ – (Link singing) ♪ (Build what I want to) ♪
– Mhm. ♪ (You would build crazy stuff, too,
if it happened to you) ♪ – Oh, wow.
– All right, here we go. Brace yourself… – Kept going with it.
– …or Blue Flash: Backyard… …Roller Coaster, y’all. Pretty amazing.
Built in 2001 by John Ivers in… – …Bruceville, Indiana. Roll this, Eddie!
– Hah! Check it out. First of all, the car has to
be pushed by your wife. – (laughing) Nothin’ wrong with that, John!
– And notice the owner and builder… …is the only one willing
to ride this thing. – (laughing)
– (roller coaster clicking metallically) Does he just have a hat on? Is that the
only protective gear? He’s going up the side of his shed.
The best rides go up the sides of sheds. – Is he in an office chair?
– He’s in a modified office chair. – Whoa!
– With a seatbelt. – The dude just did a…
– He did a flip! – …he did a loop, man!
– John is amazing! Oh. – And then it’s slow fade to black.
– And then his head — he was… …decapitated right there by the other
part of the… – …and then we had to cut!
– Well, it was a slow fade to black… – …right before the decapitation of…
– Oh, okay. – …No, no no. He’s fine.
– It is impressive. – No word if he charges, but —
– But it’s the kind of thing that if… …you were to go to a real amusement
park, you’d be like, “Oh, this is the… ….one that the kid gets to ride.”
But when John builds it in his backyard… …it’s like, “This is the most
amazing thing ever!” – I actually think he’s on it permanently.
– Yeah. He’s still there. If you wanna talk to John, he’s still
strapped into his office chair. And every time he comes around, his
wife is like, “Okay, honey, Keep pushing.” I think you’re too tall for it.
Don’t get your hopes up. Okay, well I’ve already got my tickets.
What am I gonna do? – I’ll put ’em on StubHub.
– (laughing) Okay, you might think it is an incredibly
complex and technical process to build a waterslide with a loop in it in your
backyard, but based on the evidence that we have dug up, it’s pretty easy.
Look at this. You just put one waterslide at the top of a tree, and one waterslide
at the top of your — WHOA! … – …barn. Look at that.
– Oh, through the (stammering) – He shot through the hoop there.
– Look, you wanna see another… – …angle on that?
– Gimme another angle. – Yeah, I’ll give you another angle.
– Okay, there we go. – (voices in video) Go!
– Wow! – Look, look, look!
– Timing is everything. – And, you know, you can tell…
– That guy’s got a helmet on. – Of course he does. You can tell…
– That’s smart. …by the way this looks that they did
all the proper math involved to know that they had to, you know…
It’s physics! The physics are so complex. – Yeah.
– You got a top of the tree. You have to climb the tree to get
to the waterslide! That’s cool. It definitely doesn’t look
like they started building the loop and then figured out how they were
gonna finish it. – Right.
– You know, it wasn’t one of those. There’s like seven or eight people
buried in another place in the yard… – …(stammering) All the cousins.
– In memorial? – (laughing)
– All the cousins are buried next… …. to that tree. The ones
that didn’t make it. – The timing wasn’t exactly right.
– Before they decided, “Billy should… – …have on a helmet.”
– Flopped out of the bottom of the loop. Now, I got more than a waterslide:
I got an entire waterpark. I got two of ’em. All right, check
this out. This first one’s in New Jersey. This video was uploaded in 2012.
I don’t know if it still looks this amazing, but this is Mike Palcko, The
Waterpark Guy’s, backyard waterpark. – Check it out.
– ♪ (funky organ) ♪ He basically made a movie trailer for this
waterpark. And it does look amazing. – This is epic.
– But there are no kids there. It’s a lot of PVC. I see he went heavy
with the PVC. People around town start calling him
“The Waterpark Guy” to his face, but behind his back I think they call
him “The Step-dad Who’s Trying …Way Too Hard to Impress
His Step-kids.” Are you sure it’s just not a
sprinkler system? – I think it is.
– I mean, I haven’t seen a slide. – I see lots of sprinkling.
– Yeah, well… It’s a waterpark. – It’s not a waterslide park.
– Okay. Oh, okay. – There’s a child sprinkling.
– But I know what you’re thinking: “I don’t have time to paint all that PVC
and to make something look amazing, but I still wanna have the same
experience.” And that’s what the… – …thebluedirt on YouTube thought.
– Oh! He uploaded a video of what he made in
his backyard in 2013, so check this… – …one out.
– (splash) – Yeah!
– Oh, just knocked the child right down. – This is the — I like this!
– (voice in video) Pump one, pump two… – Pump one, pump two.
– You gotta have a number of pumps. This is a brain-eating amoeba
breeding area. – (laughing) Yes.
– I think he was pointing at some… – …brain-eting amoebas.
– Look that the fun that kid’s having. – He just fell down!
– (voice) Come on, let me push you. – This one requires a push as well.
– “Let me push you, son!” “Get back here so I can push you over
these trash bags that I meticulously… – …laid out.”
– I’m sure that the wife has absolutely… …no problem with this system being
in the backyard. – Oh, she loves it.
– Every time she looks out the window… …she’s like, “I’m so glad I married him,
and I’m so glad he built that… – …in the backyard.”
– The first time she saw it… …she was like, “Oh, honey. I have got to
call all my friends to come over… – …and just look at this.”
– “Can you add a fourth pump? Because the three pumps are impressive,
but can we do a fourth one?” – She’s yelling out the window.
– “I think we can make a brain-eating… …amoeba themed drink for my friends
to drink while they’re watching.” Look, I’m into that. If I had to choose
between the really over-the-top… – …sprinkler system or the…
– Mhm. …kid-knocking-down bucket system,
I’m going with the one with the pumps, man. – Every time.
– Oh, me too. ‘Cause this the real dad. – Yeah.
– The step-dad: trying too hard. Real dad: he got it honest. He can just
break out the trash bags. Link are you ready for the
knockers table? – (high-pitched giggle) Yes.
– Step right up. (laughing) It’s time to play knockers, with
Steve Wienecke. This is basically a big pool table that Steve built in his
backyard. – Oh, you got my hopes up.
– It is a pool table four times scaled… …up, and you use bowling balls instead
of pool balls. It actually looks incredibly fun. We don’t have footage
of Steve playing, but we found out that… – …British people have knockers, too!
– Yes, they do. So here’s some footage.
And apparently… – Not a good throw.
– British people love to cough… – …while playing knockers.
– He was coughing, wasn’t he? It’s all those chimneys that
are smoking over there. – (rattling)
– (disappointed voice in video) Aw! And British people love to cheat
while playing knockers. Yeah, did you see him kinda reach
back there, like “[I’ma move.]” Come on, British people. When you’re
playing knockers, don’t be coughing so much, and don’t be
cheating so much! Mmmm. I’ve got the winter version
of knockers. It’s called hockey. – (laughing)
– Okay. – The ice version of knockers is hockey.
– Hockers. Sorry, Canada. This is in Saskatchewan.
Shane [Syrene] built a backyard… – …hockey rink. This thing looks amazing!
– Yeah. He and his neighbor actually
built it together. They tore down the fence in between their backyards
and they collectively made this thing! (Rhett) Listen. I love this!
You know, people shootin’ each… …other and fightin’ all the time.
Can’t get along with your neighbor. These guys, they’re brining down walls!
They’re brining down walls and playing… – …hockey together! That’s what we…
– Literally. – …need in America.
– Yeah, it kinda restores your hope… …in humanity, until you realize that
every day they just go out there… – …and just smash each others’ faces in.
– (laughing) Yeah. – “You’re in my yard!”
– “Shane and Carly are fighting again. We shouldn’t have have brought
that wall down.” – There’s not even a hockey puck out there!
– “We should keep ’em separated.” And he did build his own mini-zamboni,
which is also amazing. (Rhett) This is very, very impressive.
Look at that! (Link) It’s a tractor pulling
an electrical panel. (Rhett) That’s not regulation-size
though, is it? – (Link) No, it’s not.
– (Rhett) Definitely not. – Don’t pick it apart. It’s amazing.
– But it is awesome. But it isn’t as awesome as what I’m
about to show you, because why take all this time — to build something epic,
it takes a lot of time, and a lot of money — when you can just do what Travis Carroll
did are dig a really deep hole. – (laughing)
– Look at this thing. (Travis) Starting last summer,
I started building an underground tunnel. – Look at it!
– Oh, yeah. – (Travis) It’s kinda deep.
– Wow. (Travis) My brother didn’t wanna help me,
so it was really hard. – (Rhett laughing)
– (Travis) So that’s it. I’m gonna be… …be probably doing some tunnel
update videos once in a while. – What?!
– (Travis) Uh… so… (Travis) Tune in when I have another
update video. Nothing gets me more excited than the
promise of tunnel update videos. – Tune in. Tune in. He’s gonna be updating
us on that tunnel. Because it was just… – …a hole at this point.
– Yeah, yeah, yeah. – There was no tunnel.
– But listen… – His brother didn’t help him, though.
– No, he did it by himself. I dug holes as a kid, and we would get,
like, knee deep, and we’d be like, – “Man, ground is hard!” You know?
– Yeah. And Travis is like, “Unh-uh. I’m going
higher than my own depth.” Now, listen. He promised tunnel
update videos. – Please tell me. He followed through.
– And he did update. He waited six months and he made
one update video. – Ooh, how deep is it now?
– Lemme warn you… Travis was apparently going through
puberty between digging the hole… – Oh!
– …and then the update video. Because he’s changed a little bit.
You’ll see. (Travis, in a deeper voice) A lot of
people have been saying things like, “When are you gonna make a
tunnel update video?” – Same guy.
– (Travis) Here’s the tunnel now. – “Here’s the tunnel now.”
– (Travis) The fire department found out. One of the guys was the person who
sold my mom our house. – (Rhett laughing)
– (Travis) He saw the video on YouTube. So they saw that. They came over, and they
knew exactly where the house was. Didn’t really even check it out at all.
Just looked at it and said. – “It’s dangerous.”
– (Link) Yep. (Travis) Overall, this thing
was pretty safe. – (Rhett) Yeah!
– (Travis) It looked dangerous… – …but it was extremely safe.
– (Rhett laughing) (Travis) Hope you’ve enjoyed the…
one and only tunnel update video. – “The one and only tunnel update video!”
– Yeah, Travis is a little bitter. – A fireman shut it all down!
– Yeah, he’s a little bit bitter. I feel sorry for him, because I was so
ready for weekly tunnel update videos. – Man.
– And we get to see Travis grow… – …and see his voice continue to drop.
– (deep voice) “Deeper.” As the tunnel gets deeper. The tunnel
gets deeper. His voice gets deeper. His voice gets deeper.
Lots of things drop. That was gonna be, like, a YouTube
revelation, and firemen had to ruin it! Yeah, it did seem a little unsafe.
I’m going with the firemen on this one. Good luck in your future endeavors.
That was back in 2011, so he’s a man now. Who knows what he’s digging?
(laughing) You know? – Psh. Good luck, Travis!
– Hopefully no more holes. I advise you, Mythical Beasts, against
digging really deep holes, because… – It is dangerous.
– …just ask a fireman. – Firemen know best.
– Thanks for liking, commenting… – …and subscribing.
– (deep voice) You know what time it is. – Hi! I’m Laura from [inaudible],
Massachusetts. And it’s time to spin… (thumping) – …The Wheel of Mythicality!
– You can get an exclusive bedtime… …story from us if you complete the
Good Mythical Facts trivia pack, part of the Trivy app, available in the
App Store. Link in the description. Click through to
Good Mythical More, because we are gonna play Minecraft for the very
first time. – Oh, man. We’re gonna be GREAT at it!
– Great at it. – I’m a good crafter.
– (Rhett) “Rhett & Link are addicted… – …to planktons.”
– Oh, man! I’ve gotta get some of that… – (raspily) Hey, man!
– …what’s it called? – (beating chest) Hey!
– Plank…? Plankton! Yeah, do you know where we
can get some? – I’m going crazy!
– We gotta go. We gotta get it. – I’m going crazy!
– We gotta find an ocean. We gotta find some water and just
swim through like this. (moaning) I live for those moments.
Man, I live for ’em! – Yes!
– And as soon as I go in the ocean… …I go like this (moaning).
Then I stop immediately. I want mooooore! [Captioned by Kevin:
GMM Captioning Team]